Abia State Internal Revenue Services Agency (BIR) has responded to protest by the traders and shop owners across the state.
This is following a protest against the N18,000 mandatory payment by shop owners.
Reacting, AIRS, list 8 reasons why the market people should obliged and pay the said amount. Check out the list below:
1. The N18,000 is annual payment which means N1,500 a month and N75 a day if we consider 20 working days.
2. The N18,000 covers Personal Income Tax, ASEPA, Stallage, ABSAA, PPIDF and Fire Service as this covers all they should pay for the Year
3. The State made it a consolidated bill to eliminate multiple Agents and Agencies going to the market and shop owners for one revenue or the other.
4. ASMATA and All Market Chairmen took part in this discussion and agreed.
5. In order to make the burden light, it was agreed with them that it will be spread over 6 equal installments.
6. It is their market leaders that are mandated by Government to collect to reduce friction among agents and traders.
7. This payment is restricted to those in the shops while those not in the shops pay tolls.
8. Government needs its revenue to provide infrastructure and other amenities to Abians.
Got Any News Or Advert For Us? Email us: Info@abacityblog.com WhatsApp https://wa.me/7038111972