A yet-to-be-identified lady has reportedly died after an explosion rocked their house at the Ngwa road axis of Aba South Local Government Area of Abia State.
The mother of the lady was said to have been hospitalised as a result of the injury she sustained during the explosion.
A source told Abacityblog.com that the explosion was caused by adulterated kerosene.
He said, “the mother of the decease, in a bid to light up her lantern, got herself burnt, also her daughter was found dead and their house was completely burnt down as the fire razed the building at 2 Zion Street, off Ngwa Road Aba.”
Meanwhile, member representing Aba North and South Federal constituency, Chimaobi Ebisike, who visited the area, expressed shock over the level of damage caused by the explosion, which left two other persons with different degrees of injuries and rendered the tenants homeless.
Ebisike was said to have also gone to the hospital where the victims were receiving treatment and made a donation of N1m to assist them.
Honourable Chimaobi Ebisike during the visit, stated that he will partner with the relevant authorities to ensure adulterated kerosene will not be distributed in Aba North and South of Abia State as this is primary to prevent these types of fire outbreaks.