In November 2021, the global market cap of cumulative cryptocurrencies reached almost three trillion US Dollars! These days, it sits around a whopping one trillion (Bitcoin leading as usual), but the figure will surely grow in the future.
With its growing popularity, cryptocurrencies have entered almost all sectors of the economy. Moreover, returns on cryptocurrency investment are lucrative. However, entering to invest & trade in cryptocurrency takes a bit of work.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to crack the code of crypto is by doing an all-inclusive course on blockchain and cryptocurrency. In this summary, we have listed and described the five best courses for crypto beginners.
But before we move to that, let us quickly define cryptocurrency once:
What is Cryptocurrency?
In the simplest words, cryptocurrency is digital money recorded, maintained, and verified by a decentralized finance mechanism using cryptography technology with no centralized intermediaries like banks whatsoever.
Investors worldwide find cryptocurrency as a potential investment option in modern times. No financial institution or bank governs the use of cryptocurrency and the level of its security. Though cryptocurrency is a capable cash alternative for buying and selling goods.
The Best Courses For Beginners:
1. Miyagi Crypto Academy
The Miyagi Crypto Academy tops our list of the best cryptocurrency trading courses for not one but many reasons.
For starters, the course gets inspiration from a renowned movie: “The Karate Kid.” Once you enter the course, Mr. Miyagi teaches you in the same style as “The Karate Kid,” but only topics related to cryptocurrency and blockchain.
This course is the brainchild of Marcus Marion, a long-time crypto investor aiming to make it easy for novice investors. The course has no subscription-based approach. Instead, you have to make a one-time payment of $197 for a year’s access.
- Covers aspects like fundamental and technical analysis, portfolio building, and mitigating investment risk
- Offers a money-back guarantee
- Delivers a free daily newsletter with cryptocurrency tricks and tips
- Enrolls limited students to foster exclusive training
Udemy is one of the leading eLearning platforms on the planet. From the courses to their content, everything on the platform is relevant and offers value. For crypto enthusiasts, Udemy hosts ‘The Complete Cryptocurrency & Bitcoin Trading Course 2022’ at the original price of $124.99. Often, if you are lucky, you can grab this course at a discount for around $19.99 or so!
This self-paced course is as short as ten hours, including on-demand videos. It covers everything from ‘How to research’ to ‘Which crypto wallets to use for trading.’ As this course is more like a step-by-step guide, beginners benefit from it a lot.
Course’ Core Takeaways:
- Knowledge of fundamentals like technical analysis (support/resistance, etc.)
- Risk management strategy formation to protect profits
- A ‘Secret System’ for predicting market moves
- Sharing knowledge base with like-minded community
Coursera, in partnership with the University of Pennsylvania, has launched a course named ‘Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies – An Introduction to Digital Currencies’ on its digital portal.
This course helps beginners know how blockchain technology works, how to navigate through crypto investments, and how to accommodate crypto investments in portfolios. Professor Jessica Wachter and Sarah Hammer lead this course in 29 videos, 4 readings, and 4 quizzes. The brilliant thing about this course is that the total content only sums up to 4 hours divided into the following four modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Cryptocurrency
- Module 2: Rules & Structure of Bitcoin
- Module 3: Cryptocurrency as an Asset Class
- Module 4: The Blockchain Ecosystem
4. Edx/University of California, Berkeley
Like Udemy and Coursera, Edx features online courses on its portal by collaborating with prestigious institutions globally. ‘Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies’ is a course on Edx teamed up with the University of California, Berkeley.
Beginners can expect to learn applications of Bitcoin in wallets and mining via this course. Moreover, this course develops future-proof skills related to crypto investments in the learners. With a short dedication of 3 to 5 hours a week, learners can conquer the following six modules at an individual pace within six weeks:
- Module 1: Bitcoin Protocol and Consensus: A High-Level Overview
- Module 2: Blockchain History: From the Cypherpunk Movement to JP Morgan Chase
- Module 3: Bitcoin Mechanics and Optimisations: A Technical Overview
- Module 4: Bitcoin in Real Life: Wallets, Mining, and More
- Module 5: Game Theory and Network Attacks: How to Destroy Bitcoin
- Module 6: Ethereum and Smart Contracts: Enabling a Decentralised Future
Learners can audit the entire course for free on Edx. However, to access material for a lifetime, assessments, and certification, learners have to pay a fee of $99.
5. Blockchain Council
If you have a little know-how about cryptocurrencies and yet want to explore advanced topics, ‘Certified Cryptocurrency Trader’ certification from the Blockchain Council is the best option for you. This six-hour-long course covers progressive topics like market psychology, initial coin offerings (ICOs), risk management, and derivatives trading.
Getting certified by the Blockchain Council itself is not a small deal, as multiple top institutions and esteemed academic organizations recognize it well. This course tags a $149 one-time fee with lifetime access. A little pricey, but if you want to become a real-life trader, this course is completely worth giving a try.
Key Highlights of The Course:
- Facilitated by The Blockchain Council itself
- Leverage of one-to-one questioning with course leaders
- Covers technical analysis, fundamental analysis, and trading strategies
- Explains crypto scams and ways to avoid them
We all know by now that crypto is the future, and we can’t deny it for long. Indeed, these courses won’t assure 100% success in your investments or won’t protect you entirely. However, basic knowledge can help you ease your trading journey at the beginning.
Additionally, you get benefits like expert knowledge, speaking with one, and getting materials to form your crypto strategies. From these five courses, pick one that fits your budget and offers value.