Seven members of a family in a community in Umuahia, the capital city of Abia State, have died after they reportedly ate barbeque, locally known as Suya stepped down with juice.
The ugly incident happened in Umueze Umuakanu, in Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state.
According to reports, all the family members, including extended family who came for holidays ate the Suya which the Father of the house, identified as Mr. Jessey, bought.
They were said to have started throwing up after eating the Suya suspected to have been poisoned.
ABN TV reports that only the mother of the house Mrs Ogba Jessey, and a son survived.
The two surviving family members are currently receiving treatment at Federal Medical Centre(FMC), Umuahia, while the deceased have been deposited in the morgue.