- …There was no gunshots near our Aba office”
Following a reports on Wednesday, July 8, which stated that a policeman attached to Crunchies Fast Food Aba, allegedly opened fire on members of Abia State Task-force Board of Internal Revenue killing one and injured the other.
The management, has debunked the report, adding that there was no gunshots near their Aba office on the said day.
Clearing the air and describing the report as false, Crunchies Fried Chicken Ltd, in a statement sent to ABACITYBLOG said the report was a calculated attempt to drag their company in the mud and also pitch the firm against the Government of Abia State.
The press release read below…
“Our attention has been drawn to the story making the rounds captioned thus:
“Tension As Heavy Gunshots Rock Aba, One Killed, Others On The Run”
“Ordinarily, we would not dabble into this story as it in no way concerns Crunchies Fried Chicken and never happened close to our operational premises.
“Contrary to the allegation that a policeman attached to Crunchies, a fast food restaurant opened fire on members of the Abia State Taskforce Board of Internal Revenue, we wish to debunk this as totally false and calculated to drag our company in the mud and also pitch us against the Government of Abia State.
The facts of the matter are as follows;
1. The said incident never happened at our premises.
2. We are a law abiding corporate organization and will not in any form or shape go contrary to the state government’s effort to generate revenue.
3. That we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigation and the public will be informed on the outcome of the investigation which we can assure you does not link our company.
4. While we commiserate with the family of the bereaved on this unfortunate and dastardly incident, we wish to reiterate that neither our company nor any of our staff was involved in this act.
Got Any News Or Advert For Us? Send It via Email Info@abacityblog.com || Or WhatsApp https://wa.me/7038111972