As Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB – is set to be tried today, the Federal government has enlisted the media houses accredited to cover the court activities.
This is coming few hours to the trial despite the Federal Government agreeing to allowed the IPOB leader have a fair hearing, in a situation where every media houses and supporters will be allowed access to court premises.
The case between Nnamdi Kanu and the Federal government will be heard today (26th July, 2021) in the Abuja Federal High Court. Kanu is facing treason charges for spearheading the separatist group known as IPOB – A group agitating for a Biafra nation to be carved out of Nigeria.
While the hearing will commence today, check out below the list of media houses and Journalists, allowed entrance to the Court’s premises for Kanu’s trial.
1. KAYODE LAWAL – HERALD (NAJUC CHAIRMAN)
2. VERA CHIWUBA – NTA (Plus Camera Man)
3. TAIYE AGBAJE – NAN (NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA)
4. ELLA DANIELS – CHANNELS (Plus Camera Man)
5. WUMI OBABORI – AIT (Plus Camera Man)
6. ERIC IKHILAE – NATION
7. AMEH EJEKWONYILO – ONLINE PREMIUM TIMES
8. ALEX ENUMAH – THISDAY
9. PASCHAL NJOKU – DAILY INDEPENDEN
10. TINA IRIA – TVC (Plus Camera Man)
Does this accreditation a way of muzzling the media right under Section 22 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Freedom Of The Press?