The Abia State governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, who was declared winner of the last Saturday election in Abia has unveiled his 10 point agenda for his second tenure.
The governor who beats his opponents to get re-elected revealed his plans for Abia in a thank you message to the residents.
He also thank the residents for coming out en masse to vote for him.
He said: “The founding fathers of Abia State had one wish: that we work together as one people to develop our state with non discriminating against the other or any part dominating the other. According to them, it is only through equity and good conscience that we can call our land “God’s Own State” where God Almighty is the ultimate ruler.
On Saturday, 9th of March, 2019, the people of Abia State, including our founding fathers, both living and dead, won the election and chose Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to be the symbol of the victory.
Thank you Ndi Abia.
Let us prepare to collectively work harder in education, agriculture, trade, commerce, industry, oil & gas. The plan laid out by Governor Ikpeazu is a good one, capable of taking us to the height of socio-economic development as a people.
In the coming days, years and months, expect the following to happen in our state.
1. Completion of all ongoing road projects started by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu. PH Road, Osusu, Omuma, Ngwa Road, Ohanku, Obohia, Uratta and Ururuka Roads will be prioritized at Aba while Aba Road to Ubakala, Ikot Ikpene Road and Isi Gate will be prioritized in Umuahia. Ofeme-Nkpa Road, Abiriba Ring Road, Abiriba-Nkporo Road, Ozuitem water scheme, Isuikwuato erosion control and others will be prioritized in Abia North area.
2. Construction of 500km of new roads across the state, using the $100m AfDB facility that was recently availed to the state, will be fully executed from this month.
3. Systematic clearance of all salary and pension outstanding in the state including that of parastatals will also be embarked upon. We will focus on rejigging some parastatals to make them self sustaining and able to pay their workers as and when due while also defraying all pension outstanding, and strengthening the free home care service program to take better care of our aged parents.
4. Governor Ikpeazu’s administration will start work on two new flyovers at Aba and Umuahia while the development of Ohafia into a modern city will witness greater investment from the state government.
5. Hospital Management Board will be rejigged for greater efficiency and a lot of focus will be given to Abia State Teaching Hospital, Aba, including total reconstruction of the road leading to the institution along with introduction of a new facility management system that will end the era of revenue leakages and promote technology driven health management.
5. Enyimba Economic City project will be accelerated to ensure that we realize the target of creating 700,000 jobs for our young graduates and others.
6. The Nibra Leather City at Obuaku will be ready to commence automated shoe making in December 2019. The investors, led by the Abiola family, are ready to accelerate work.
7. A new automated shoemaking factory will roll off with the 30 shoe making argonauts who returned from training in China as the pivot. We expect them to lead the shoe making revolution in Aba along with others already in the business.
8. A new sanitation regime will be launched this year to ensure that we not only keep our homes and cities clean but also make money from the waste generated in the state.
9. A new order is coming in Abia with young and vibrant persons driving the leadership agenda in the state while the more experienced leaders continue to support with guidance. If you are a young person of Abia origin your time to shine has come.
10. The era of touts collecting and diverting state revenue will soon be history. Full deployment of technology and innovation will drive our IGR collection efforts going forward.
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu does not believe in the 97%/5% theory. He will develop all areas of the state and work with those who supported him and those who did not. He understands the divine nature of his mandate and he is aware that the carrier of God’s mandate must lead according to God’s guidance: God loves all men.
It is therefore my position that nobody lost in the election of Saturday in Abia State. We all were victorious, especially given that we have no available report of loss of Abia life during the election. The exchange of banters, accusations etc are all associated with partisan politicking everywhere in the world.
The time for politics is gone. We are now in the era of governance and development of Abia. Let all Abians join hands with the Governor to develop the state.
I therefore call on Uche Ogah and Alex Otti to call Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and congratulate him. That alone will indicate that they actually consider Abia’s interest first before their personal interests. There can be only one Governor in a State at any particular point in time, and from now to May 29, 2023, that Governor is Dr Okezie Ikpeazu.
If they do the right thing now, who knows what God will decide concerning their personal ambitions to govern Abia?
God has spoken once, twice have I heard this that Power belongs to God.
Feel free to also see verse 12.
To the wonderful supporters of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, I sincerely thank you very much for understanding the signs of the times like the children of Issachar in 1 Chronicles 12:32: “And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.”
Unu kotara sign.
But please let’s not celebrate without minding the feelings of others. We are one people and they also invested a lot in the election, including money and emotions.
This is time to focus on the real winner of the Governorship election: Abia State of Nigeria.
God bless you.
Got Any News Or Advert For Us? Email us: Info@abacityblog.com WhatsApp https://wa.me/2347038111972