Reports has it that popular Nigerian producer, Chico Ejiro, is dead. ChannelsTV reported that the Nollywood producer died on Friday, December 25 at about 2 am.
The remains of Ejiro who was popular for blockbuster movies in the 90s, have been deposited at the morgue.
While his memories lives on, we have gathered few things we think you should know.
1. Chico Ejiro was born Chico Maziakpono in Isoko, Delta, Nigeria. He was a Nigerian movie director, screenwriter, and producer.
2. His enormous body of work was typical of the second generation that started in the 1990s when cheap video-production equipment became available in the country.
3. He owned a production company called Grand Touch Pictures, which is based in Lagos.
4. Nicknamed Mr. Prolific, he directed over 80 movies within a 5-year period—each one shot in as little as three days. The exact number of movies he has worked on as either director, producer, or both is unknown, but it ranges in the hundreds as of 2007.
5. Ejiro was married to Joy Ejiro and they have four children. He has two brothers: Zeb Ejiro, the best-known of the new Nigerian cinema auteurs outside of the country, and Peter Red Ejiro, also a movie producer.
6. Ejiro was featured in the 2007 documentary ‘Welcome to Nollywood’, which followed him as he made Family Affair 1 and Family Affair 2.