The Nigerian Senate has received the executive communication with the nomination of six names as replacements for ministers that resigned to contest the presidential election.
In a letter that was read by the Senate President, Dr Ahmad Ibrahim Lawa,n on Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari said the nominees would replace the former ministers that resigned from his cabinet.
The letter read: “In accordance with Section 8 Subsection 2 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, I hereby forward the underlisted ministerial nominees for your confirmation.”
The nominees are:
- Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State
- Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State
- Egwumakama Joseph Nkama – Ebonyi State
- Goodluck Nnana Opiah – Imo State
- Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State
- Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State
- Odum Odih – Rivers State
The newly appointed minister will be replacing ex-ministers, Rotimi Amaechi; Ogbonnaya Onu; Godswill Akpabio and Emeka Nwajiuba who all resigned in pursuit of their presidential aspiration.