The apex Igbo socio-political group, Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo has faulted the newly list of appointments made last week by President Muhammadu Buhari in a bid to restructuring the operations of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.
The appointment was made up of 55 key executives in the NNPC refineries and services subsidiaries, which the majority is from the Northern region, excluding the already marginalized South-East region.
FULL NAMES OF NNPC NEW MANAGERS APPOINTED BY PRESIDENT BUHARI
1. Malami Shehu, – MD Port Harcourt Refining Company.
2. Muhammed Abah, – MD Warri Refinery.
3. Umar Ajiya, – MD of NPMC.
4. Bala Wunti, – GGM CP&S.
5. Usman Yusuf, – GMD STA. (Tech).
6. Ahmadu-Katagum – GGM Shipping (Downstream).
7. Kallamu Abdullahi – GGM Renewable Energy Division.
8. Shaibu Musa – MD NNPC Medical Services Limited.
9. Ibrahim Birma – GGM Governance, Risk & Compliance Division.
10. Farouk Ahmed – MD Product Mkg – Retiring.
1. Adewale Ladenegan, – MD Kaduna Refinery
2. Adeyemi Adetunji, – MD NNPC Retail.
3. Bola Afolabi, – GGM Research & Development.
1. Roland Ewubare – Group General Manager
2. Diepriye Tariah – MD of IDSL.
Speaking over the list on Sunday in Abuja, the President of Ohanaeze, Chief John Nnia Nwodo Jnr, urged President Buhari to as a matter of urgency, revisit the reorganization process in the interest of peace, unity and good governance.
According to Ohanaeze, this is exactly why youths in the region are no longer comfortable being called Nigerians.
Nwodo said, “Ohaneze is appalled at the consistent and unrepentant disposition of disdain for the South-East by Buhari administration as copiously displayed in the recent reorganisation at the NNPC.
“Ohaneze had thought that after the President’s declaration in a broadcast recently that Nigeria unity had been settled and not negotiable, that he would take all necessary actions in his governance to achieve it, but the recent NNPC shake-up has not shown that the administration is walking its talk.
“Buhari administration, has shown in the new managers just announced tilting clearly in favour of the North, with the South-East totally ignored, as has always been the case since Buhari administration came to office.
“This brazen disregard, marginalization and non-compliance with the Federal character provisions in our constitution are the causes of lack of confidence which our youths have in our present governance structure.
“As long as President Buhari continues to live out his speech abroad that his government will favour those who voted 97 per cent for him against those who voted 5 % for him so long will the dissatisfaction and unrest in our polity subsist.”
Subscribe to Aba City Blog
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Aba City Blog. Subscribe below.