6 protesters died, Charlie Boy, others seriously injured as Youths attack anti-Buhari protest

0
17
6 protesters died, Charlie Boy, others seriously injured as Youths attack anti-Buhari protest

New reports have emerged revealing that not less than six persons said to have been feared dead when pro-President Muhammadu Buhari attacked a group known as Our Mumu Don Do led by Charles Oputa, popularly referred to as Charley Boy.

The report of the attack made every newspaper headline yesterday. The incident, according to an eyewitness, happened when Charley Boy was about leading other protesters with various placards to Wuse Market in Abuja, on Tuesday, as continuation of their protest calling President Buhari to either resume duty as president or resign if his health condition could not cope anymore.

It will be recalled that the protesters under the aegis of Coalition of Civil Society Organisation began their protest penultimate Monday in Abuja, against the long vacation of President Buhari in London hospital.

ALSO READ:   Reviving Azumini's Potential As An Economic Hub

However, yesterday protest turned bloody as their decision to stage a protest inside the market was rebuffed vehemently by pro-Buhari who had earlier warned the former to go back to Unity Fountain, Maitaima to continue their protest.

Tribune quoted an eyewitnesses as further stated that one of the executive members of the Wuse Market Association came out to persuade Charley Boy and other protesters to leave with a view to allowing peace to reign, having realised that the youths within the market have been mobilising themselves.

According to one of the witnesses, “the chairman of the market came out to persuade him to go but he insisted that he will protest inside the market and as they were arguing, the pro-Buhari descended on him and his members, destroying his BMW sport car with woods and stones.”

ALSO READ:   Anambra: Ozubulu Church Killings, South-East entertainers reacts

Conflicting reports however said about six persons were feared dead from both parties, while others said four people were killed as different weapons were freely used before the arrival of combined security operatives.

Unformed report further said Charley Boy and four others who sustained serious injuries have been rushed to undisclosed hospital for medical attention.

The market has since been closed down to forestall escalation of the civil unrest.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here