We regret voting for Buhari – Chibok Parents laments

0
7
Chibok parents

Following the prevention of Chibok parents by the security personnel from accessing the Aso Rock Presidential Villa yesterday, while protesting over federal government’s inability to rescue their girls.

The parents who present their of displeasure, said they regretted voting for President Muhammadu Buhari.

The parents led by Reverend Enoch Mark, who incidentally has two of his daughters amongst the abducted girls, decried the poor communication attitude of the Presidency with the parents.

Reverend Mark, while lamenting that several parents of kidnaped girls have died due to emotional trauma, said many more parents were struggling to survive and send their wards to school.

ALSO READ:   Aba traders export N1bn worth of goods weekly - Ikpeazu

Three years after the abduction, the parents said they would continue to embark on peaceful marches to the villa until they were granted audience by Buhari

At their resumed protest yesterday, a State House Security official received the parents and promised to pass their message across to the President. The official did not give his name.


(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

“We are very sorry for giving Mr. President our votes. We voted Mr. President hoping he would rescue our daughters but we have become his enemy.Why can’t the President communicate with us, are we not Nigerians? Is that good for a president; a leader to show such attitude. We believe the President is against the Chibok Community,” Rev. Mark said.

ALSO READ:   Four Police Officers Forced Innocent Man At Gun Point To Withdraw N140,000 From ATM

They lambasted the Federal Government which they said have continued to send messages of consolation to countries hit by tragedies like plane crashes and earthquakes but failed to do same to the Chibok parents who have been deprived of their children in the last three years.

They equally questioned the capability of the government to rescue the girls, because according to them, none of the rescue made so far came from the government.

The #IMarchForChibokGirls to the State House began after the inaugural Chibok Girl’s Lecture last Friday, after two mothers of the missing girls who took part in the march, refused to stop at the usual entrance leading to the presidential villa, where the BBOG, group usually terminate their march but headed to the entrance of the State House until they were stopped by security personnel.

ALSO READ:   Enugu Herdsmen Attack: Gov Ikpeazu Commiserates with Governor Ugwuanyi

President of the Chibok Community in Abuja, Hosea Tsambido, said the parents would continue to engage in their peaceful march until the meet President Buhari.

Source: Daily Sun

SHARE
Previous articleLagos govt. to execute Rev King, others
Next articleBIAFRA: IPOB appoints new leaders
Ngozi Onwukwe Is a writer | A member of AMPON | Seasoned Journalist | WordPress & Blogger Designer. I've an extreme love for journalism, as a seasoned journalist, I make sure my stories are well verified, because I understand that information is part of life.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here